30 Aug 2013

TEXTILES PROJECT: THE SECRET GARDEN







.: dress, diy (for a textiles project) | wedges, borrowed | lipstick: berry queen by rimmel :.

Hey everyone! This is the dress that I made for my recent textiles project which consisted of making a summer dress! 
My dress was based around the general innocent imagination with the vivid flowers almost erupting out of the chest region, similarly how we picture fantasies in our head and take a lot of them to heart. As little kids, we would've done this a lot and this dress (for me) captures those nostalgic memories of all the pure hopes and dreams I used to have. This leads to the name 'the secret garden', which is what I call that little place in all our hearts that bloom with those nostalgic memories and an innocent vulnerability every time we think about it; it's our refuge almost, a 'secret garden' in our hearts where no one can interfere with those emotions and vivid flowers we choose to plant there. (This probably doesn't make any sense to you guys HAHAHA very bad at phrasing things sorry)


My dress fashion drawing (I know this is verrrrrry out of proportion BUT HEY, FIRST SERIOUS ISH FASHION DRAWING)

Anyway, while I was out shooting these photos with my friend Fiona (who has been taking my past few outfit posts!!!) (thanks Fi if you read this!) we came across this FLUFFY CAT and the owner came around after a bit and he showed me how to hold the cat (very inexperienced I do not have any pets) AND IT WAS THE SOFTEST AND CUDDLIEST THING EVER here's a pic of me holding it!


Anyway, tell me what you think of my dress in the comments! I am overall very happy with it because I had to modify it a bit so I could add the floral chiffon insert SO YEAH!

I hope you all have a great weekend and keeep smiling!
Ciao for now,
- S x

find me at:

10 comments:

  1. Love the dress, but you already knew that! I like the drawing and you look amazing, and that was a ridiculously touching and meaningful post HAHA <3 Ps come visit Magellan soon and you can hold him :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't believe you made this; you are super talented! it's absolutely gorgeous xo
    http://noise-and-confusionn.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. majorly cute!!
    xx
    7thand52nd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dress suits you so well :)

    http://theartofvintagerevival.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't believe you made this Shanni! You're so talented. And it looks amazing on you! xx Isabella
    http://viewsofnow.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress is amazing!! Wow, it could be professional!

    Kiri

    KiriLeigh Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your dress, it's gorgeous!
    Your blog is great too, going back to check out past posts now :)

    Kendra
    xx

    Blog: Stolen Inspiration
    Instagram: KendraAlexandra
    Facebook: StolenInspiration

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your dress! This is a great design!
    I am a fellow designer too!

    -Chloé Akari

    chloeakari.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This cat... I can't

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Thank you for dropping by ♥
I hope you leave a comment (along with your URL, yes I do check most of them) and enjoy reading my blog!
Love you all,
S x