14 Jan 2014

MONOCHROME: TEXTURED vs PLAIN












.: shorts, eBay | top, topshop | heels, windsor smith | necklace, lovisa :.

I often find myself in a situation where everything I pick out of my wardrobe for an outfit ends up being the same colour (mainly black) and I think a simple solution to this is statement necklaces. And a good way to compile a monochrome outfit is by working with textures and a good way to jazz up a plain one is with the aforementioned statement necklace! (I hope this made sense) Anyway, this is just me playing around with a different bottoms. 

One of the only things I really wanted for Christmas were these freaking heels. As a no-heel-wearing kinda person, it is extremely rare for me to even want a pair of heels as much as I wanted these ones, BUT THEY'RE JUST SO PRETTY. So I got them on sale with the $100 I got from my mum for Christmas hooray! After troubles with the shipping they finally arrived yesterday which was basically a calling for a new outfit post, so yes here it is! HAHA. 
Anyway, if you have been following my Instagram you would have known that I was hospitalised from last Thursday to this Monday because I had a 90% lung collapse and I had to get an operation and so forth. :( It was a really weird experience and I am so glad to be back home but a part of me still misses how the hospital made me realise how much I appreciated the simple things in life because being in hospital means I was restricted from doing things normally and it sucked a lot. On a lighter note, my friends and family and some of you guys on Instagram have been super supportive and I thank you all if you read this! 

I hope you all have a lovely week and stay well and keep smiling!
Ciao for now,
- S x

P.S. It would also be really lovely if you liked my GLORY AND GORE post on Teen Vogue Fashion Click here >> http://fashionclick.teenvogue.com/post/glory-and-gore_1386579167 (well if you genuinely DID like the outfit) THANK YOU SO MUCH! 

find me at:

9 comments:

  1. Although they're not something I'd typically wear, they are amazing!
    I'm currently loving statement necklaces too - they just 'jazz' up any plain outfit!

    Yuen @ The Craziest Paradigm - a 'lil bit of rust & stardust

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear that you were in hospital, but it's good to hear you are doing a lot better. I love those heels and both outfits and I agree about statement necklaces bringing new life to clothing pieces. I like to wear the same ones over and over again though so I should probably mix it up a little! You have a great blog x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this so much and i love you HEAPS so I'm glad to see you up and posing again ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is quite packed with information. Firstly: It's great to hear you are finally home, hope all your experiences in the hospital aren't all that bad. Cheers to your health, and hope all goes well. Secondly, congratulations on your Teen Vogue Click article- that must be super exciting, and thats an incredibly achievement as a fashion blogger! Thirdly: I have quite a few killer heels too but I have never found the occasion to wear them. Jelly of your outfits you're wearing them with.

    www.rosa-dyn.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally loved the outfit, you look so chic, so classic, so beautiful!
    Really happy to know you are not at the hospital anymore :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh, I'm dying over these shoes ah! love both these outfits, especially the leather one. glad to hear you're home and recovering too girlie!
    x

    frockled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't decide which outfit I like more, I love both of them so much, seriously! That necklace is such an amazing statement piece. And those shoes! I have ones like them in nude but I really really want black now. Hope you're recovering quickly from your hospital stay. That is scary! xo

    freshfizzle

    ReplyDelete
  8. i really liked both of the looks!
    followed xxx
    Lauren Taylor

    www.crinanwoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this look ;)
    You're so gorgeous !
    Kisses <3

    http://www.theladyjersey.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Thank you for dropping by ♥
I hope you leave a comment (along with your URL, yes I do check most of them) and enjoy reading my blog!
Love you all,
S x